The White House
This beautiful house, built in the early 1900’s is situated on a 15,000 ha farm on the B1 in Grünau. Come and enjoy the wide-open spaces, the peace and tranquility, the beautiful sunsets and the millions of bright stars at night.
ABOUT THE FARM
In 1912 Frederich Haschke bought the farm Mickberg (15 000 hectares) for £2 500. He immediately started building a house for his wife to be. Building material was imported from Germany to Lüderitz Bay, from where it was railed to Klein-Karas station. When the First World War broke out, troops from the Union of South Africa invaded this German colony. In April 1915 the young couple fled to the north of the colony with some of their possessions and live stock. The White House was left behind, furniture and all.